Thursday, December 29, 2005

Never again!

Just this morning, when I opened my other PC (the one with the better memory settings - not like me), it won't open. Reason? Virus!!!! From where? From the internet. Where else? The crude thing is that I even downloaded the updated version of McAfee VirusScan about an hour before the crash. It's like this. I downloaded the McAfee updates. And the green bar is full, man. That means it's 100% safe! Then, what is more, I scanned all my files - about 29k of them (It's a rather new PC that's why, this PC I am using has more than 100K files) and it's squeaky clean. So what I did is to create a good restore point of my system files right at that point. See how meticulous I am? Anyways, after an hour and a half or so, after watching Bonfire of Vanities - which reminds me of my good ol'friend Edmond Cruz (where the H are you man?) - I looked at my PC one more time and - decided to open the internet again! This is the mistake, when I was searching on the picture of Melanie Griffith - just for kicks, I don't even find her sexy for Christ's sake! - there it goes! Boom! BOOM! Two or three files with Trojan virus. McAfee won't let it through, and it was immediately cleaned. The problem is that I disconnected my PC and when the McAfee Security prompted me to scan all my files, I went berserk and said to myself - Hey it's almost 1 in the morning! Give me a break. I'll do this tomorrow. Anyway, the files were cleaned ain't it? And I just scanned the thing, right? And so I cancelled. It asked me again, ARE YOU SURE? And, I did! I clicked YES! When I opened again in the morning to catch my My Yahoo! News , it's gone. I don't know if all my files will be affected, but if ever, this is the hard lesson I will never forget. TIME IS IMMATERIAL. SLEEP IS WITHOUT MEANING (Curse the Pyramid of Maslow!) I should've scanned my files first!!!!!!!! Now, it's gone, and all I have are memories of how it looked like, the Windows XP Classic Background and .... hell, what I am saying here. Remember! Three lessons - Don't be an OC like me, when it's time to sleep, SLEEP!!!! Never search for old female actresses you don't even like!!!! And, finally, if McAfee says SCAN ALL FILES, By GOD ALMIGHTY, SCAN THEM LIKE HELL!!!

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!