Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I am about to resign

I would've resigned a while ago. In this blog, I will state the full reasons of the same. It's just the consideration of the 14 + 9 = 23 souls I am teaching (grade 3 and 6) that made me rethink my path. But I think it is inevitable already. It should come to this. I asked my balance in my bank account. Know what? I only have 17 k to live on until June. That's not good. Hence, the only logical solution perhaps is to stay until march 31 or so, and just stay out of legal problems while I am in the school. It's just so annoying that I am concerned about an institution who doesn't care about itself. That school is going down, I tell you. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen. It is a bomb about to explode. Next year, it will still be good - depending on my month of leaving. If I leave now, enrollment will drop by more than 50 I tell you. Especially if they read this. Now, if I leave on March 31, then the parents won't notice and they will have a full two months to prepare for the big battle for survival next year. If they fix their act - by fixing their act, I mean going to graduate school, studying education and management, firing the incompetents (even themselves, I tell you), paying the right things, raising the salaries, really following my manual, really following the manual of Dep.Ed., really following the Labor Code, really ....sheet, this goes on forever - they will be spared. It will drop the year after but it will rise again. Hence, I am giving them a chance to redeem themselves.

I seldom go back to a place I left. I love Prudential Bank. I love my friends there. I moved on. That was 10 years.

I love Dominican College of Sta Rosa. I even made a promise to the batch of Dianne and Katrina that I will stay until they graduate. They messed up, I left them. Look at the pit they are now in.

I love... never mind. I love their students. Especially my grade 3. They have a lot to thank those kids. They are the only ones making me stay there.

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!