Monday, February 27, 2006

The Marines

Although last night was a close call, I still have high respect for the Marines. I mean, they showed us that no amount of politics and even self-driven (look at the word) emotions can get through their ranks and "chain of command". The relief of Miranda was an imbecile move. Not this time. Of course, it was said that he asked to be relieved. If he really asked to be relieved, then the emotions would not be like that. Anyways, benefit of the doubt. Let us say he really asked to be relieved. Again, this will go slamming against the leadership of GMA. I mean, why would a top ranking official of the Armed Forces of the Philippines ask to be relieved at this critical time. A dillemma again for GMA's waning leadership. Miss Goloy, my English teacher would castigate me for this. I should have said "waned". What a grammatical blunder.

Anyway, last night, I also find the presence of Allaga to be so critical. If he wasn't there, a full blown war could have erupted already. How was he able to negotiate? How was he able to calm down emotions at such a critical time?

When they came out to say that the issues were already resolved, it made me sigh with a great relief. I am not for GMA though. I just want this to end without bloodshed. Let's just pray everything turns out alright.

The Marines have taken our hearts with awe and respect. Long live the Marines! We are so proud of you!

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!