Monday, February 20, 2006

My birthday is nearing....

Nearing is a word that Andrea would have said. A while ago, she asked me, "Daddy, where's the chairing so small?" She was looking for her small chair. She is 3 1/2 years old. She will attend preschool next year. God I am already getting so old. "So old Daddy?" And so fat too. I must lose some weight. The last time I checked I weigh 155 pounds. I think my erpat died - when his weight was 160 pounds. He used to weigh 135 or so. His physique would make you cower in fear. Sabi nga ni Mang Romano sa bangko, parang si Bruce Lee daw. That was in the 90s, when he was already in his 50s. Anyway, I am just 34 and I am already....

Hey, I am already 35!!! In math, if a number's decimal is above .5, it can be rounded off to the next digit which is.... never mind. In a matter of 2 days I will be 35 na. I wrote then a poem entitled "On His Having Arrived Too The Age of Twenty-Three" - a sort of answer to John Keats. Now, that poem is 12 years old already. Perhaps, come February 22 - if and when I find out the ruling that would make that day a holiday for our school - I will write my "On His Having Arrived The Age of Thirty-Five".

How pathetic.

Who cares?

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!