Saturday, March 11, 2006

Brother S.

God, I did not even get his full name. We were told he was Brother Sese (Se-se, that's the pronounciation, the spelling is unknown to me at the moment), a La Sallian Brother. He started like a lightning. He drew these one line and then, an overlapping line, and another, and then another. He said that this was from another brother (Vic Franco, who is in Rome right now) ...and that it was 1974 when he first heard this - thirty two years ago. He then proceeded, those lines are us, him and Sir Voc. We came from different places, countries (we have a Kenyan classmate, Fr. Justus), and with different experiences, emotions, happy and sad moments. Yet, on one such day, we intersect at one point. That alone makes the meeting holy. It was a one point in history - and it has never happened, nor will it happen again. Ever. Wow. That alone, and he would have made that eternal impact in my life. In thirty seconds flat. See what I mean?

The meeting of lines at one point has special meaning to me, since I am a mathematician. Indeed, in the Euclidean plane, lines intersect only at one point.

Anyways, he proceeded with many other stories, read us some of his text messages (which are exactly 160 characters long), and recounted to us his daily schedule. In the end, I was the only one who asked him a question: Brother, can I post your session in my website? To which, he acceeded. So here it goes.

There are so many stories that I got from that one hour session - yes, one hour. I was glued to him the whole time. It's like I am listening to my father once more. One last time. I think they are about the same age.

1.

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!