Friday, March 03, 2006

Of Gulong ng Palad and Similar Stupidities

I was making my way home from La Salle. It was a tiring day, mind you. I took off from the usual jeepney ride to Buendia and... wow! Meron na palang BBL Balibago kahit gabi na. So I boarded the bus, and waited...patiently....

I am a patient man...lalo na nung UST days. Sometimes, I had to wait for 6 hours for my PE class - na sinadya ko maging gabi - in the library.

Matagal ang hintay, so I just looked at the TV, and my seatmate from time to time. My seatmate, kasi baka ninanakawan na ako. Kayo talaga.

Saka, showing ang mga bata sa Extra Challenge - which I abhor mind you - pero I just love their episode now. So ok lang.

Kaso, this assistant of the driver - kapamilya ata. So, nilipat niya sa channel 2. Eh, Gulong na Palad ang palabas. Grabe.

Ganun pa rin pala style ng mga telenovela?

I mean, the dialogues are still theatrical and unreal. And they still depict the Filipina being weak and helpless. Na laging minamaltrato ng isang masamang tao. I mean, dapat i-educate ang mga tao na we have a choice. The women lalo na. They have a choice.

We have laws and we must rely on ourselves. We can make things happen.

Eh pano, we are always trapped in that idea of being the helpless bida na biglang babawi in the end. I mean, why be helpless in the first place?

Why don't we start showing a different kind of Filipina? Na lumalaban, alam ang batas at karapatan niya? Parang member ng Gabriela? Hehe.

Kasi, it's already pathetic to the bones.

These unreal theatrical dialogues - di mo magagawa magsalita ng tuloy-tuloy na walang sasabad - are killing me.

I think they should realize na they are not helping the Filipino culture. I know no legal impediment and all pero...it's more of conscience. Stop these kind of shows! Make the Filipina more brave! Like Danaya!

No comments:

Battle Stations

Come and be a part of the Battle Stations!